With all of the bundling up, hunkering down and weather forecasts that are peppered with phrases like “wind chill” and “below zero,” wintertime is the perfect time for a party that doesn’t care what the calendar, the thermometer or the weatherman says. Cure some of their cabin fever and invite kids to shed their coats, put on their swimsuits and dive right into some summer-style fun at a winter pool party.
Of course, the first essential for a pool party is the pool itself. And unless you’re fortunate enough to have an indoor pool in your home, you’ll need to find the next best option. Suggested places where you may be able to rent an indoor pool for your party include hotels, fitness centers and community centers. If your schedule is flexible, you may be able to arrange for a private rental during hours when the venue usually experiences a lull in usage of the pool.
Certain pool rules may limit or prohibit things such as food, decorations and activities, so keep these in mind when choosing a location that best suits your party plans.
You may use any style of invitation to invite guests to your party, but why not play on the theme of summer fun in winter time?Cute Winter Pool Party Invitation Ideas:
- A snowman shape cut out of tropical colored cardstock, decorated with a bathing suit and sunglasses.
- Store bought pool party invitations, rubber stamped with snowflakes or decorated with snowflake stickers.
- Postcard photos of your children dressed in the swimsuits in front of a snowy backdrop.
Along with the time and location information, add instructions for guests to bring their bathing suits, water shoes and towels (if none is supplied by the facility).
If the indoor pool is adjacent to windows, any snow outside creates a backdrop that is not only beautiful, but also reminds your guests how wonderful it is to be warm and wet inside the pool. A combination of snow-themed and tropical decorations indoors can help you to emphasize this warming winter concept. Whimsical Winter Pool Party Decorating Ideas
- Snowflake ornaments hanging from inflatable palm trees.
- Lounge chairs draped with snowflake-patterned beach towels.
- Inflatable winter animals, such as penguins or polar bears, floating in rafts.
Continue the fun with a selection of pool party games that play on the theme of summer fun in wintertime.Winter Pool Party Game Ideas
- Play volleyball, but use white beach balls and call it “snowball volley.”
- Turn “Marco Polo” into “Marco North Pole.”
- Place rubber penguins in toy boats and have kids push them from one end of the pool to another, relay-race style.
- Use white water-balloons to have a snowball fight.
When it’s time to head home, send them with a parting gift to remind them of their break from winter (and maybe just hold them over until the real days of summer). Ideas for Winter Pool Party Favors:
- Fur-lined flip-flops.
- Beach towels that are rolled and tied with a snowflake patterned ribbon.
- Plush polar bears that are wearing sunglasses.