Event facilities can make birthday party planning easier, but they’re not foolproof. Ask these questions before you book your bash:
- Will your child’s birthday be the only one celebrated during your allotted time? If not, ask about the least busy times and consider holding the party then.
- How will guests be checked in? In other words, if you pay for a certain number of attendees but families bring siblings who aren’t on the list, how will the extra fees be handled?
- Is the facility secure? Is there a locked gate and a procedure for checking ID when adults leave with a child?
- What does the facility provide and what are you responsible for bringing? The cake? The favors? The decorations? The cups and plates?
- Can you bring your own food or are you required to order it from a particular vendor?
- Who will be your contact person on the day of the party?
- What special equipment or clothing, such as socks or sneakers, will the children need?
- How many adults will be required to stay at the party?