What could be more fun at a penguin party than to actually act like a penguin? Some of these games encourage kids to do just that. The rest are just plain fun activities with a penguin theme.
1. Musical Ice BlocksMusical chairs is a classic kids game that everyone loves. Since they don’t have chairs in the arctic nations, however, the penguins have to play musical ice blocks. To make ice blocks for your party game, simply wrap large cardboard boxes in white paper. You may need to fill the boxes to make them sturdy enough for kids to sit on during play. Set up the ice blocks just as you would the chairs, with one less than you have players. Turn on the music and have the kids circle the row of ice blocks, only instead of walking, tell them to waddle like penguins.
2. Magnet FishingJust like penguins must catch fish to survive, so must the players in this party game. To set up for this game, you’ll need:
- Cardstock paper.
- Magnet stickers (found in craft stores).
- A fishing pole (can be made by trying string to a stick).
- A bin.
A variation on this game is to color code the fish in the basket and assign different point values to each color. Players will try to catch the highest valued fish they can. The player who scores the most points wins the game.
3. Build an IglooThere are several ways kids at a penguin party can build an igloo:
- Build a large igloo by stacking white wrapped, cardboard boxes.
- Build a small igloo using sugar cubes and white icing.
- Use white playing cards to play an igloo-building game just like building a house of cards.
- Build a milk jug igloo.