1. Sleeping Bag Shuffle
2. TherapistAssign one slumber party guest to be the therapist. The therapist leaves the room while the remaining players come up with a problem they all have, such as they are suffering from amnesia or have broken hearts. When the therapist returns to the room, he must figure out the problem by asking questions of the players. For instance, he might ask “What is your name?” and the players with amnesia will answer something like, “I don’t know.” A broken-hearted patient may say “What does it matter if my true love doesn’t call my name?” When the therapist figures out the problem from which the patients are suffering, he chooses the next player to be the doctor.
3. Spinning Nail PolishTo play this game, you will need several bottles of nail polish. A variety of bright and bold colors makes this game the most fun. Place all of the bottles of nail polish in a basket. Have the girls sit in a circle. The first player chooses a bottle of nail polish, places it in the middle of the circle and gives it a spin. The girl who the bottle top is pointing at when it stops spinning has to paint one of her nails with that color. After she paints one nail, she chooses a new color and spins the bottle, and the person to whom it points must also paint one nail with that polish. Play continues like this until everyone has painted all of their fingers and toes. The game should result in a funky, multi-colored mani-pedi for each girl.
4. AuctionAuction is a fun game where players get to purchase gifts. To prepare for the auction game, gather a collection of trinkets and gift wrap them. To make it more interesting, wrap the gifts in a variety of gift wraps and different sized boxes. Set the prizes out on a table and have the players gather nearby. Give each player $100 of fake money. Begin by holding up one gift and starting the bidding at $1. The highest bidder wins the present, but must not open it until all of the gifts have been purchased. If all of the items have been auctioned off and players still have money left, auction off things like who gets to pick which movie to watch or who gets to choose the midnight snack. Once all of the money is gone, allow the players to trade amongst themselves. Once the trading is complete, they open their gifts. Whatever is inside is theirs to keep. Make this more humorous by adding a few gag gifts into the mix.
5. Balloon Pop Truth or DareTruth or Dare is a classic slumber party game. It is sometimes best to keep this game lighthearted, however, so that no one has to suffer the embarrassment or hurt feelings that this type of game can sometimes prompt.
To play this fun version of truth or dare, come up with 10 truth questions and 10 dares before the guests arrive. This way, you can keep the questions and tasks limited to ones that are silly and easy to answer or perform. Write the truths and dares on individual sheets of paper. Fold them and insert each one into a balloon. Inflate the balloons.
When it is time to play, place a chair in the center of the room. Have the guests gather in a circle around the chair. Each player chooses a balloon, places it on the chair and must pop it by sitting on it. When the balloon pops, the player must read the truth or dare and answer accordingly.
6. Sound the AlarmTo play this slumber party game you will need a few alarm clocks. Set all of the alarms to go off and hide them around the room. There are a few ways to play:
- Set all of the alarms for the same time and challenge players to find them all before they ring.
- Wait for them to ring and challenge guests to find and turn them all off within a designated amount of time.
- Stagger the times that the alarms will ring throughout the evening. Each time one sounds off, the guests must race to find it. The first one to find and turn it off gets a prize.
7. CommercialIn this fun game, guests get to make up their own television commercials. To play, elect two to three people to be the actors in the ad. The remaining guests pick a random item in the room and give the actors five minutes to make a commercial about that item. Do this several times so everyone gets a chance to make a commercial.
Record the commercials so the guests can watch them later and laugh.