Looking for indoor party games? This easy circle activity is a great game to play when you're ready to quiet the kids down before cutting the cake or heading home.
Here's how to play:
- Have the children sit in a circle. Choose one person to be the "guesser" and have them leave the circle and hide in another room or behind a wall so they can't see the circle.
- Silently choose someone to be "it." Do this by pointing at them so that the "guesser" can't hear who you have chosen. The other children in the circle, however, need to see who you picked.
- "It" then begins making a quiet hand or foot motion. He could pat his head, flap his legs like butterfly wings, or tap his feet on the floor, for example. As soon as "it" begins making a movement, the rest of the circle should imitate him. Every five seconds or so, he should change the movement to something different.
- Have the "guesser" come back to the circle. She has two chances to guess who "it" is.
- If the "guesser" can't figure out who is leading the group, the person who was "it" becomes the next "guesser." If she makes the right choice, she gets to pick someone else to be the "guesser" now.
- Repeat until the kids start to lose interest in the game or once everyone has had a chance to be both "guesser" and "it."
- If you're playing several games at a party, save this one for last. It's a nice, quiet way to end the day.
What You Need