Black cardstock, cut into the shape of a witch hat, is one idea that is easy to personalize. You could write on the hat with a white crayon or glitter pen, and even have your child decorate it with items such as colored markers, stickers or glue and ribbon.
The text for your homemade Halloween invitations can be as simple as writing “You’re invited!” on the front, and adding the time and location details on the back. If you’re looking for catchy phrasing, however, think about some sayings or items that are commonly associated with witches. For instance, use the idea of witches brew and headline your invite with a line that reads, “A party is brewing.” More ideas for witch-themed party invitations:
- A postcard photo of a witch or your child in a witch costume.
- Printed invitations featuring clipart images of things like witches, witches shoes, cauldrons or black cats.
- Mini witch brooms, with a note detailing the party information attached.
- Cauldrons: Used as a centerpiece for the party table or scattered around the party space, cauldrons can be filled with treats, food from your party menu or dry ice to make it appear that something is brewing inside of them.
- Witch hats: A witch hat makes a wicked centerpiece for your party table. A witch hat hanging from each chair is another fun decorating idea – and when the party is over, guests can wear them home as party favors.
- Jack-o-lanterns topped with a witch hat or carved to portray an image of a witch.
- Free, printable witch decoration from Family Fun.
- Black cats: No self-respecting witch would leave her best friend behind at a party. Add some black cats to your party space, either in plush-doll or cardstock cutout form.
- Easy witch wreath.
- Witch hat cones: Fill with treats or use them to top an ice cream, witch sundae.
- Witch hat candy.
- Witch hat cupcakes.
- Witches’ brew.
- Broomstick bites.
- Witch Pizza: Top these Halloween pizza muffins with a black corn tortilla chip to turn it into a scrumptious witch.
- Marshmallow witches.
- Parmesan witches' broomsticks.