Invite guests to a scarecrow-themed party
with these friendly fridge-hangers that become a decorative reminder of your upcoming party. To make a scarecrow magnet invitation, you'll need:
- Colored cardstock or foam sheets.
- Patterned paper or ribbon.
- A pen or marker.
- Googly eyes.
- Candy corn.
- Magnet strips (available at craft supply stores).
- Cut a piece of cardstock or foam into the shape of a scarecrow's head and body.
- Cut another color of cardstock or foam into the shape of a scarecrow's hat.
- Cut the patterned paper or ribbon into thin strips and glue them to the edges of the scarecrow arms, legs and across the hat.
- Glue a few strands of raffia from each of the scarecrows arms and legs.
- Glue more strands of raffia to the back of the hat, so that when you turn it over, it looks like the scarecrow's hair coming from beneath the rim.
- Glue the hat to the scarecrow's head.
- Glue two googly eyes and a candy corn nose to the scarecrow's face.
- Cut another piece of cardstock or foam into the shape of a wooden, staked sign.
- Write the party details on the sign.
- Glue the sign to the front of the scarecrow.
- Glue a strip of magnet to the scarecrow's back.