These cupcakes are a cute dessert for a campout or camping-themed party
. To make them, you will need:
- Cake mix (from box or your favorite recipe).
- Cupcake pan.
- Cupcake pan liners.
- Chocolate frosting.
- Brown and/or orange sprinkles.
- Brown and orange, small round candies.
- Pretzel sticks.
- Prepare cake mix and pour into lined cupcake pan.
- Bake according to your cake mix recipe.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, top them with the chocolate frosting.
- Sprinkle the orange and brown sprinkles over the frosting. These will resemble embers and ash.
- Line the outer rim of the cupcakes with brown hard candies. These will resemble the rocks around a campfire.
- Arrange the pretzel sticks to look like logs on a fire.
- While arranging the pretzel “logs,” stack orange candies around and between them to represent the fire.
If you are hosting a camping themed birthday party and would like an actual cake to serve, this same idea can be used on a round cake instead of cupcakes. Consider pretzel rods instead of sticks for the larger version. Orange slice candy is another option for flames on a larger scale.
When it’s time to sing the birthday song, you can enhance the campfire effect by arranging the birthday candles so that they look as if they are burning from within the stack of logs when lit.