Make a Nemo birthday cake for your child's party or to celebrate a movie day where the featured film is Finding Nemo.
Time Required: 60-75 minutes
- Prepare a box of cake mix and bake according to the recipe instructions for two round pans.
- Allow cakes to cool.
- Transfer one round cake (Nemo's body) onto a large board or surface, such as a wrapped piece of cardboard or cookie pan.
- Carve the second cake into the shapes of Nemo's tail and fins. Arrange them around Nemo's body.
- Mix one drop of red and several drops of yellow food coloring with a bowl of white frosting until you have the desired color of orange. Frost Nemo's body, fins and tail with the orange icing.
- Outline the cake with chocolate chips. Arrange mini marshmallows and chocolate chips to create Nemo's stripes.
- Cut one mini marshmallow in half and flatten it out. Press a chocolate chip into the center to create Nemo's eye. Arrange chocolate chips to form his mouth.
What You Need
- Box of cake mix
- White frosting
- Red and yellow food coloring
- Two round cake pans
- Mini marshmallows
- Chocolate chips