You knew the cupcake trend was hot once the sweet little treats started to get their own accessories.
Cupcake wrappers can cost a pretty penny, though. Save some dough by making your own at home using this cupcake wrapper template and paper--maybe even the newspaper comics?--that fits your party's theme.
- Print the cupcake wrapper template at its full size (preferably onto a sturdy paper like cardstock, but normal printing paper will work OK). Cut it out along the solid lines. The dashed lines indicate where you will need to cut a slit on your finished wrapper. The slit is optional. If you prefer, you can use Scotch tape to hold the wrapper together.
- Trace the template on the wrong side of the paper you'd like to use for the cupcake wrappers. Trace as many as you will need and then cut them out.
- Wrap the cupcake wrapper around a baked, frosted cupcake and attach its lose ends either by interlocking the tabs where you've cut the slits or affixing a small piece of Scotch tape.
- Display the cupcakes on a platter or cake stand.
- Only your imagination can limit the types of paper you could use for cupcake wrappers. Throwing a superhero-themed birthday party? Use the pages of old comic books. Making the cupcakes for a Christmas party? Use last year's wrapping paper. For a birthday party with any theme, how about having the birthday kid decorate the wrappers herself? For a graduation party, ask family and friends to write personal messages or advice to the graduate on the cupcake wrappers.
What You Need
- Free cupcake wrapper template
- Pencil or pen
- Optional: Scotch tape