More ideas for gingerbread-themed invitations:
- A gingerbread person cut out of cardstock paper, that guests can decorate with craft supplies and then bring to the party to show off their creations.
- A recipe card that reads something like:
Recipe for a Good Time:
- Gather friends.
- Bake Gingerbread.
- Add decorations.
- Stir in a dash of party games.
- Set the timer for two hours of fun!
- A box of gumdrops or peppermint candies topped with a label that invites guests to bring them to the party to use at decorating time.
- A flyer or postcard printed with an image of a Gingerbread Man. The heading can read something such as “Run, run as fast as you can to Caylie’s gingerbread party!”
- Gingerbread printed placemats.
- An apron draped over each chair and a chef’s hat at each place setting.
- Gingerbread patterned bowls, filled with goodies for decorating.
- A large gingerbread house as the centerpiece.
Since decorating the houses will take a good amount of time, it may be best for the gingerbread houses to be pre-assembled, one at each place setting, when guests arrive. For occasions where time isn’t an issue, however, the “bake and build your own” method is certainly a fun way to go.
In addition to a gingerbread house at each work space, children should also have decorating supplies within their reach. You can add small bowls of candy and frosting to each place setting, or divide the ingredients so that two or three kids can share them at a time. Suggestions for decorations include:
- White icing: Enough for each child to coat their homes in snow as well as to use as the glue for sticking all of their decorations to their structures.
- Candy canes and small round peppermint candies.
- Gum drops, spice drops and spice rings.
- Mini marshmallows.
- Small, round, color-coated, chocolate candies.
- Gingerbread people cookies.
- Christmas tree shaped cookies.
For dessert, some gingerbread inspired options include:
More ideas for gingerbread party favors:
- Gingerbread cookie cutters.
- Gingerbread scented hand soap.
- Gingerbread aprons.
- Gingerbread ornaments.