1. Jelly Bean Invitations
If you want to mail your invitations, consider postcard invitations, which are fairly easy to create and send. A cute idea is to arrange a bunch of jelly beans to form word “Party!” Take a picture of this jelly bean arrangement and use it as the postcard image, then simply hand write the party details on the back.
2. Decorating with Jelly Beans
- Fill a jar or large, clear bowl with jelly beans. Place it as the centerpiece with jelly beans sprinkled around it on the table. (Count the jelly beans so guests can guess how many are inside the centerpiece.)
- Glue jelly beans around the edges of paper placemats. Set your party plates in the center of the placemats so they appear to be outlined in jelly beans.
- Spell each guests name out in jelly beans on top of their plates.
- Glue jelly beans around the bottom rim of your plastic party cups.
- Create jelly bean party hats by gluing jelly beans to traditional cone-shaped party hats.
3. Jelly Bean Games and Activities
- Blindfold Taste Test
Blindfold players and have them taste and guess the flavors of a variety of gourmet jelly beans.
- Jelly Bean Scavenger Hunt
Scatter and hide jelly beans all over the party area. Give kids lists with specific amounts of colored jelly beans to find (5 red, 3 blue, 2 black, 4 pink). Players who return with all of their correct colors choose a prize from a basket. (Have enough prizes available for all players, but the fastest hunters get first choice.)
- Jelly Bean Cup Toss
Line up several cups on the floor. Draw a line a couple of feet away for kids to stand behind and attempt to toss jelly beans into the cups.
In addition to games, kids at a jelly bean party can enjoy creating a craft. Suggestions include:
- Make jelly bean krispy treats.
- Jelly Bean Paper Plate Wreath
Cut a hole in the center of a paper plate to create a wreath. Punch a hole in the top and string a ribbon through it (to use for hanging the wreath). Kids can then glue jelly beans in any pattern of colors they wish to decorate their wreaths.
- Jelly Bean Bracelets
Replace the beads in a bracelet making kit with jelly beans. Kids may need help pushing a needle and string through the jelly beans, so have an adult on hand to assist them).
- Jelly Bean Jar Craft
- Jelly Bean Basket Craft
Even though you won’t be using jelly bean as the main fare, you can certainly serve them for dessert! Try this jelly bean cake from Betty Crocker, create jelly bean flower cupcakes or simply top your favorite frosted cake or cupcakes with jelly beans.