When serving food for a child’s birthday, I always like to suggest serving the guest of honor’s favorite food, then adding a few items that match the party theme to the menu. Sometimes, however, you get lucky and the birthday kid’s favorite food already works for the theme. When my three-year old requested a Minnie’s bowtique birthday, for instance, I knew her choice of macaroni and cheese could be made with “bowtique” (bowtie) pasta.
In addition to using bowties for a pasta dish, suggestiosn for Minnie’s bowtique party food include:
- Butterfly cookie cutter sandwiches.
- Minnie-face sandwiches.
- Marshmallows “dotted” with pink sugar crystals.
- Minnie Mouse birthday cake.
- Mouse ear cupcakes.
- Minnie (mini) marshmallows.
- Minnie (mini) meatball sliders.
- Minnie’s Punch (pink lemonade mixed with seltzer).
- Chocolate sandwich creme cookies, arranged in the pattern of mouse ears.