What better way to complete a Doc McStuffins birthday than with a character cake? To make a Lambie cake, you will need:
- Cake mix and ingredients listed for recipe.
- Two round cake pans.
- White frosting.
- Pink frosting.
- Candy for the facial features.
- A cookie sheet or platter on which to assemble and display the cake.
- Bake the cake in two round cake pans, according to the baking time for the size of your cake pans.
- When the cakes are cool, place one of the round cakes on the platter to serve as Lambie’s head.
- Cut the shapes of Lambie’s ears and hair bow out of the second round cake.
- Frost the bottom ¾ of the head with pink frosting for the face. Frost the top ¼ with white frosting.
- Cover the center of the ears with pink frosting, and outline them with white frosting.
- Cover the hair bow with pink frosting.
- Arrange candy to form the facial features. For the cake pictured, I used hard round candies for the eyes, then flattened out and sliced fruit leather for the eyelashes. I reshaped taffy for the nose and mouth and used sprinkles for the freckles.