Have the kids help out with the making of this punch that shows off its red, white and blue colors.
To make Patriotic Punch you will need:
- Clear Pitcher.
- Cranberry Juice.
- Blue juice (such as a blue sports drink).
- Pour the cranberry juice to fill the bottom third of the pitcher.
- Top with a layer of ice.
- Pour the blue juice over the ice, pouring slowly so that the juice “rests” on top of the ice layer.
- Top with another layer of ice.
- Pour the seltzer over the ice.
The trick to this punch is that the denser of the liquids will sink to the bottom, so use a juice with the highest sugar content on the bottom and the lowest amount of sugar on the top. The ice layers also help to keep the juices from mixing, so use a fair amount when creating the layers of ice.