These tasty treats can be made with either homemade or store-bought ingredients.
To make 4th of July Whoopie Pies, you will need:
- Red, white and blue candy chip cookies.
- Whipped topping.
- Red, white and blue sugar crystals.
- Bake chocolate chip cookies, using white chocolate chips and small, red and blue coated, chocolate candies in place of chocolate chips. (Or “cheat” like I did, and buy them already made in the supermarket.)
- Place one on a plate and top with whipped cream or topping.
- Sprinkle the whipped cream with red and blue sugar crystals.
- Place a second cookie on top.