Are you celebrating Cinco de Mayo with your kids tomorrow? Need some ideas for adding a little Latin flavor to your day? Here are some suggestions:
- Enjoy some kid-friendly Mexican recipes, courtesy of Stephanie Gallagher, About.com's Guide to Cooking for Kids.
- Throw an impromptu Cinco de Mayo party.
- These mini pinatas from FamilyFun magazine would make great party favors for kids.
- Or make a pinata as a party activity following these instructions. Just keep in mind it'll be a couple of days before you can whack it open.
- Use these free Cinco de Mayo printables from The TomCat Studio to decorate.
- Serve this mock chip-and-dip platter (they look like tortilla chips and guacamole, but they're really cookies and sweet dip!) from Sugar Belle.
- Decorate with DIY tissue paper flowers. Use bright, warm colors, like yellow, hot pink and orange.
- Serve foods that are the colors of the Mexican flag (red, white and green). For example, serve a tray of sliced red bell pepper and sugar snap peas with a white dip, such as ranch dressing.
- Set up a table for making Cinco de Mayo crafts.
How are you celebrating Cinco de Mayo this year?